MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire a Business Analyst for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support the Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Business Analyst will be working for the European Asylum Support Office (EASO), supporting the Malta Operational Office in coordination with the Operational Tools sector with the following tasks:
- Carry out the analyses of business (system) requirements for operational tools to be developed by the Malta Operational Office in consultation with the OTS, ICT and all relevant stakeholders;
- Support the project manager to create the project’s business requirements analysis and business case by making sure all the high-level requirements are listed in the project scope;
- Identify the involved stakeholders by confirming who will be involved/affected by the project;
- Gather requirements from the key stakeholders concerning the operational tools by brainstorming, requirement workshops, focus groups and other activities;
- As part of the business requirements analysis, carry out workflow mapping and provide recommendations to automate and improve processes where relevant;
- Validate requirements for the operations tools to be developed and implemented with the stakeholders;
- Analyse and interpret requirements for their viability against the business objectives;
- Recommend workarounds, value additions and remove solution bottlenecks for the stakeholders;
- Document requirements by creating use cases, functional and requirement specifications documents with functional, non-functional, operational and technical requirements;
- Support the business risk analysis related to the projects;
- As part of the change management function, when a change request is made, assess the need of the change, deduce the impact of the change to the complete project, propose any workarounds if possible and support the decision of whether to go ahead with the change or not;
- Support the development of the design (i.e. ‘look-and-feel) of the User Interface (UI) collaborating with communication staff and UX experts;
- Liaising with ICT and/or vendors on project technical design where relevant;
- Support system and user acceptance testing and planning.
- University degree in business management, computer science, engineering, or other applicable fields;
- Previous professional experience in similar tasks of at least 2 years;
- Experience in collaborating and partnering with a wide variety of stakeholders (identification, roles and responsibilities analysis, building trust, sharing information, planning);
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Previous experience within an international and multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of asylum and migration-related legislation and procedures.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- The ability to prioritise work and deliver under pressure;
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non‐technical colleagues;
- Strong service-oriented attitude and flexibility.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,410.12 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than 30th of July 2021.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-62496