MGR Human Resources Ltd, a member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire an Asylum Team Leader for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support the Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Team Leader supports the first instance decision-making process through the review of every draft decision (4 eyes principle) before signature by the staff appointed by the CEO of IPA;
- The Team Leader provides individual feedback to the caseworkers and coaches the caseworkers to improve their interview and decision-making skills;
- The Team Leader will identify the training needs of the caseworkers and propose training on the core aspects of the asylum procedures or specialised training;
- Report complex cases and challenges faced throughout the asylum determination process to the Quality Control Unit and / or measure coordinator;
- Ensure that SOPs and guidance provided by EASO and IPA is being introduced and followed;
- Research on topics related to the asylum procedure, legislation and country of origin information;
- Provide support and feedback to EASO and IPA in the development of guidelines, policies, SOPs, templates in relation to the Maltese asylum determination procedure;
- Liaise with the staff of the Quality Control Unit individual cases;
- Screen and allocate cases to caseworkers;
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of case officers’ productivity thus providing tailor-made support in order to meet the planned targets;
- Ensure daily and weekly planning and monitoring of the caseload of the caseworkers in line with the indicated priorities and available office space;
- Take over coordination on-site whenever the measure coordinator and / or the field coordinator assistant are not present;
- Participate in meetings organised by the measure coordinator on a regular basis;
- Support recruitment of new CWs;
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned by field coordinator assistant / measure coordinator.
- University degree in law, social science, public administration or similar;
- Deep knowledge in European Asylum Law and Case Law of CJEU / ECHR;
- Deep knowledge in European Asylum Procedures’ quality standards;
- Experience in conducting asylum interviews and writing well-founded decisions;
- Experience in public administration, national or international organisations;
- Experience in leading a small team or managing projects;
- Experience in working under pressure by keeping strict deadlines and managing multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Leadership through self-dedication, personal example and use of informal power;
- Very good level of written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication abilities and soft skills;
- A pro-active and team-motivating approach;
- Meticulous, flexible with a can-do approach and attitude to work;
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, coupled with organisation and planning skills and a high problem-solving ability;
- Self-motivation and ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Sharp analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,410.12 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Thursday, 09th of December 2021.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-66759