Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organisation. It enables MFSA’s strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively.
The Technology team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms and services, working with technology vendors and partners.
The Technology team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups and industry fora.
This vacancy is being based on an indefinite contract.
The selected candidate’s primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with business analysts, other developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks;
- Producing efficient and robust code based on requirements;
- Will be directly involved in reviewing, integrating, testing and deploying software;
- Responsible for maintaining the existing code base;
- Writing and interpreting business reports and requirements documentation;
- Write clear, developer-focused documentation for your code;
- Responsible for the identification and remediation of code security vulnerabilities;
- Conduct vulnerability assessment and vulnerability testing for systems;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT or in another comparable area.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
Software Development certifications and vulnerability assessment skills would be considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in ICT in the area of .Net software development. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Solid C# .Net software development experience using MVC framework;
- Good understanding of REST API/Microservice design methodologies using .Net Core 3.x (C#);
- Proficiency in developing models using .Net / .Net Core Entity Framework with code first approach or database first approach;
- Must have good knowledge using SQL Server for developing database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, and functions;
- Preferable to have good knowledge about using source control systems.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry;
- Can communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients;
- Strong customer focus and knowledge of IT Service Management standards and procedures;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have good written and verbal skills and proven ability to work on own initiative with great attention to detail;
- Has the ability to work within a team, multitask and capable of meeting strict deadlines;
- Has the ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary;
- The ability to work under pressure and able to respond to emergencies after hours;
- Must be fluent in the English language.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and police conduct certificates.
MFSA – KMP-82169