The Senior Manager will be working within Strategy, Policy and Innovation.
About Strategy, Policy and Innovation
The Strategy, Policy and Innovation function is responsible for providing advice, analyses and reviews on current and prospective strategies and policies related to key priority areas. This is done through the formulation and implementation of policies which will strengthen Malta’s framework for the regulation of financial services and implementing policy projects in line with the MFSA’s strategy and vision. It also proposes new areas which could potentially be delved into by the MFSA and provides insight on how related frameworks may be developed, whilst fostering innovation and enhancing access to financial products. The function is also responsible for the implementation of the MFSA’s FinTech strategy, which aims to establish Malta as an international FinTech hub, supporting and enabling financial service providers to infuse technology in product and service offerings.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be innovative within an evolving environment, whilst tacking a challenging and varied, cross-sectoral portfolio of work. The candidate will be:
- Leading a team handling strategy and policy projects and related ongoing cross-sectoral policy work;
- Providing input to the Head of Function in setting yearly goals for the function and also in relation to the development of proposals related to key priority areas which may be tapped into by the MFSA, in line with the Authority’s strategy and vision;
- In constant liaison with the Authority’s legal, EU and international affairs function, as well as other governmental bodies and act as the main contact point to facilitate communication channels;
- Representing the MFSA in EU and international fora and engage with other competent authorities, as necessary;
- Responsible for resource allocation and the coordination of team projects;
- Responsible for policies and procedures of the function;
- Proactively leading, coaching and managing the members of the team, providing leadership and direction;
- Acting as a mentor to the members of the team to achieve their professional and development goals;
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated by the head and the office of the chief officer, strategy policy and innovation.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who would like to apply their work experience and solid academic background in law / accountancy / insurance / banking and finance, to legal and policy matters relating to the various sectors falling within the remit of the MFSA.
- Candidates would be expected to have a good understanding of financial services legislation and related regulatory framework.
- Possessing a warrant to practice as a lawyer in Malta would be considered an asset.
- In addition, the selected candidate is expected to have sound leadership and people management skills and excellent prioritisation skills, with the ability to define priorities and provide a quality contribution where it is most needed.
- The chosen candidate is expected to be a confident individual who is flexible and dynamic, having a critical and analytical mind-set.
- The individual is required to have excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Candidates would be expected to demonstrate an ability to identify and exercise judgement, in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team.
- In addition, strong relationship and negotiating skills and an ability to work collaboratively at senior levels internally and externally are also essential.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years’ working in the area of financial services, with solid experience in financial regulation.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
MFSA – KMP-56136