The Senior Analyst will be working within Banking Supervision.
About Banking Supervision
Banking Supervision carries out onsite and ongoing supervision of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions. The Banking Supervision team comprises professionals with a financial services academic background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work. The Financial Institutions team focuses its supervisory oversight over a sub-set of entities licensed in terms of the Financial Institutions Act, predominantly comprising of payment and electronic money institutions.
The selected candidate will be appointed as Senior Analyst in grade 6 level and will undertake duties of a direct supervisory nature. The following are some tasks you may be involved in, depending on your area of expertise and academic background:
- Co-ordination of daily tasks for the Financial Institutions Team through the management of a team of analysts;
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to team members;
- Act as a contact point with licence holders, corresponding directly with these counterparties, reporting findings and resolving issues as they arise;
- Participate in the development and execution of supervisory strategies, including recommending supervisory interventions to mitigate risks;
- Lead onsite compliance inspections, ensuring that they are delivered with the required regulatory standards while interfacing with licence holders on an ongoing basis;
- Undertaking supervisory assessments of licence holders covering regulatory and AML / FT compliance and ICT risk;
- Engage and address any regulatory issues that may arise in the normal course of the supervised entities’ business to ensure that the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards is maintained;
- Take decisions and act on own initiative in line with delegated authority and escalate issues outside of area of responsibility and remit;
- Carry out reviews on ICT governance and ICT risk exposures and controls;
- Undertaking other supervisory tasks or projects as delegated by line management.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT, accountancy and / or banking or in another financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who possess one or more of the following:
- Relevant professional experience within the payments / e-money industry and / or within a supervisory / regulatory environment;
- A qualification in accountancy at MQF level 6 or higher;
- A CISA certification or similar;
- A relevant qualification in AML or financial crime and / or relevant professional experience;
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years’ working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
MFSA – KMP-56135