Discover a world of endless possibilities with Methode Electronics! Founded in 1946 in Chicago, we’ve evolved into a global powerhouse with 6,700 + employees. Our technical capabilities create custom solutions for automotive, big data, aerospace, and consumer electronics.
Methode Electronics Malta was established in 1997 in the heart of Malta. In that same year, Methode Electronics acquired Merit Malta, a company with a rich history since its founding in 1966. This acquisition further solidified our presence in Malta and expanded our expertise in the region. From a single-product manufacturer to an engineering force, we offer diverse services, including industrial design and distribution. Come join our dedicated team to shape the future together.
What will you do:
- The Machine Setter tests, repairs and maintains existing component manufacturing equipment.
- Select and modify embedded control systems and equipment or procedures necessary to meet specific project requirements.
- Assembles circuitry or completes prototypes according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of systems and components.
- Sets up equipment to conduct functional and operational, production models.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies components, equipment, and systems and records effects.
- Checks the functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, process reliability and safety in production, through a preventive and proactive approach.
- Determine and enforce requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the production of components, quality, reliability and safety.
- Works with colleagues to ensure that components conform to customer requirements and meet the customers’ needs.
- Responsible for machine utilisation and maximisation of the machine’s effectiveness.
Who are we looking for:
- The Machine Setter should have a diploma, preferably in a field that offers an opportunity to gain a well-rounded technical background.
- Technical experience, of which at least some months in component manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial operations, methods, techniques and constraints.
What perks to expect:
- Private medical insurance.
- Free LinkedIn learning access.
- An international and diverse team.
- Transport for early and late shifts.
- Shift allowance.
- Subsidised in-house canteen.
Methode Electronics Malta – KMP-86862