Merkanti Bank Ltd (formerly MFC Merchant Bank Ltd) is a credit institution licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority and is focused primarily on merchant banking services, factoring and general corporate banking services. The Bank forms part of Merkanti Holding plc, which is fully owned Scully Royalty Ltd, a NYSE-listed Merchant Banking Group.
The Bank is currently seeking applications from committed individuals to fill the post of Operations and Treasury Officer.
The role will form part of the Operations and Treasury department and will be mainly responsible for handling routine banking operations and treasury management procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for handling day-to-day back office banking processes and SWIFT payment operations, and providing operational support on the administration of the Bank’s credit business, investment portfolio and treasury management.
Such tasks would include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring and reconciling the Bank’s Nostro accounts;
- Handling and processing of daily swift incoming / outgoing payment transactions in accordance with the bank’s standard operational procedures and compliance requirements;
- Assisting with the processing of the Banks’ products, including updating of customer transactions in the bank’s core banking system;
- Assisting in the bank’s cash flow management and liquidity forecasting;
- Daily monitoring of FX and other internal limit positions;
- Assisting with customer onboarding and ongoing KYC procedures;
- Performing internal reporting functions within the Operations and Treasury department;
- Liaising with finance, risk and compliance functions of the bank;
- Liaising with relevant institutions in Malta and abroad as required;
- Performing other routine duties in support of back-office, treasury and other bank operational functions as required.
Required Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- A professional qualification in Banking and Finance, Economics or related areas;
- Have 1 to 2 years’ relevant working experience preferably in a banking or financial services environment.
Applicants should have excellent communication skills in English, have good analytical and strong organisational skills, can establish priorities, be able to work independently as well as part of a small team and have a pleasant personality. A competitive remuneration package is being offered together with flexible working time.
MFC Merchant Bank – KMP-52546