Merit Malta Ltd. is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of aftermarket automotive switches and electrical accessories. Merit Malta operates a worldwide network of sales agents, distributors as well as direct customer accounts. We have earned a reputation for quality, reliability and service and our friendly and outgoing philosophy towards our customers has built a business that is based on long term business relationships.
We are seeking to employ Head of Sales who will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic sales and marketing plans to attract potential customers and retain existing customers. The ideal candidate will be leading the Sales department, overseeing activities and monitoring performance. The candidate needs to analyses patterns in consumer and market behaviour and subsequently defines data-driven action strategies in order to consistently optimize the business’s commercial performance.
Duties will include:
- Day to day tasks including managing and coordinating sales and marketing.
- Market research.
- Make sure that sales targets are being achieved.
- Providing input on the development of new products and marketing initiatives to increase sales.
- Travelling on company business to visit customers / agents or attend exhibitions when necessary.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A’ level standard of education as a minimum.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales environment ideally in a motor vehicle industry.
- Must possess strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Technical know-how on automotive electrical components (relays, switches, etc).
- Computer literate (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, SAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multitask and keep to deadlines.
- Knowledge of the use of social media as a business tool.
- Preferably fluent in either Italian, Spanish or German.
- Knowledge of export shipping will be considered an asset.
Merit Malta Ltd – KMP-56518