We are currently on the lookout for a Senior BI Developer to join our team!
At Melita, we work with vast amounts of data locally and internationally and we need excellent analytical skills to garner insights.
As a Senior BI Developer, you will help us to gain a competitive advantage in the market. You’ll join our dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards and analytic solutions for people across the business.
If you enjoy BigData and have real-world experience, then this is the job for you!
You will be required to:
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organisation.
- Write relational and multidimensional queries, whilst creating and deploying reports.
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption.
- Author reports for operational use.
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts.
- Integrate new data sources.
- Closely work with the BI Operations team to rectify identified issues.
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups and assist in task planning.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role and relevant degree (preferably in Computer Science or BigData).
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow).
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel.
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery).
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge.
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices for the verification and accuracy of data.
- Use of project tracking software (such as JIRA).
- A collaborative approach and worked in agile teams.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent Microsoft SQL server reporting, analysis and integration services experience.
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective team player.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.
We aim to recruit the best person for the job, from all backgrounds. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities and other diverse backgrounds, as we want a diverse workforce with different perspectives, views, and experiences. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage.
Melita has held the Equality Mark from the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality since 2010.
Melita Limited – KMP-86532