We are looking for a Fiber Optic Specialist to join an existing technical team working on new and existing projects within Melita’s fiber infrastructure. The Fiber Optic Specialist will lead and support a team of technicians in performing works on Melita’s outdoor fiber infrastructure
- Lead a team of line technicians working on Melita’s fiber network.
- Assign and plan tasks to the Technicians’ team.
- Deliver training on Melita’s fiber optic network.
- Prepare installation procedures for internal and external contractors.
- Assist network planners with optical network design on GIS systems.
- Configuration of fiber active equipment.
- Prepping and splicing of fiber optic cables in splice enclosures.
- Testing using OTDR, optical power meter and fiber identifier.
- Troubleshooting of preventative / emergency issues on fiber optic networks.
- Valid qualifications in an Engineering / Telecommunications field.
- Several years of experience on fiber optic networks.
- Possess excellent network troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to design and update fiber drawings.
- Strong OTDR and OLTS testing skills.
- Be a dedicated team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including in English.
- Be able to work to a flexible schedule when the need arises.
- Ability and willingness to work at heights and in all weather conditions.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Experienced in leading Technical team working on network infrastructure.
- Experience on FTTx networks or similar would be considered an asset.
At Melita we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We always aim to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities and other diverse backgrounds, as we want our company to be more representative. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Melita has held the Equality Mark from the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality since 2010, and in 2021 was one of the first organisations in Malta to be awarded the HR Quality Mark by The Foundation for Human Resources.
Melita Limited – KMP-74510