Would you like to be part of the Core Networks team responsible for the correct maintenance and troubleshooting of Melita’s Broadband and TV systems?
This is a highly technical role where you will have a good input in the direction and development of the company’s TV networks and systems. The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years’ experience in a telecommunications environment – however fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot Melita’s Broadband and TV networks and systems; monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Pre-empt potential issues as well as exploit opportunities for improvement.
- Provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining Network infrastructure.
- Verify performance and interoperability of the core elements with Melita’s various cable modems.
- Be a reference point and perform follow-ups for incidents handled by the Network Operations Centre; build and update procedures and deliver training when necessary.
- Be aware of emerging DOCSIS and TV technologies and their relevance towards expansion and improving resilience within Melita’s implementation.
- Degree in a Telecommunications related field.
- Preferably have a minimum Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification.
- Preferably LPIC Linux Certification.
- Skills / Knowledge
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing and subnetting – experience would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of DOCSIS – experience would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of TV related technologies such as DRM and OTT would be an asset.
- Ability to document troubleshooting steps and new platform configurations.
- Good organisational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, positive attitude and a dedicated team player.
Melita Limited – KMP-62413