Would you like to be part of the Core Networks team responsible for the correct installation, operation and maintenance of various servers within Melita’s technical operations centre and applications?
We are looking for a Core Networks Engineer to join our highly Technical team whose responsibility is to deliver the best internet experience to Melita’s customers. Operating from one of Malta’s largest data centres, the selected applicant will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot Melita’s Broadband and TV networks and systems; monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Pre-empt potential issues as well as exploit opportunities for improvement.
- Provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining the network infrastructure.
- Verify performance and interoperability of the core elements with Melita’s various cable modems.
- Be a reference point and perform follow-ups for incidents handled by the Network Operations Centre; build and update procedures and deliver training when necessary.
- Be aware of emerging DOCSIS and TV technologies and their relevance towards expansion and improving resilience within Melita’s implementation.
- Degree in a networking-related field.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification.
- LPIC Linux certification is desirable.
- Basic understanding of TCP / IP, IP addressing and subnetting experience would be an asset.
- Ability to document troubleshooting steps and new platform configurations.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn new technologies as they become available.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, positive attitude and a dedicated team player.
At Melita we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We always aim to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities and other diverse backgrounds, as we want our company to be more representative. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however, there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Melita has held the Equality Mark from the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality since 2010, and in 2021 was one of the first organisations in Malta to be awarded the HR Quality Mark by The Foundation for Human Resources
Melita Limited – KMP-74509