If you are looking to enhance, build and optimise data assets, this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related recognised degree and have at least 5 years of relevant experience in addition to the technical expertise below. Demonstrable BI Development leadership experience is essential. An extensive experience in database design concepts and SQL programming is required.
- Demonstrable experience with business intelligence solutions (data warehouses / marts / sets), applying data warehousing design principles and implementing industry best practices.
- Strong understanding of data modelling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with operational data stores and enterprise data warehouses).
- Oversees best practice, data quality, mentors developers.
- Knowledge of data profiling techniques and quality assurance for the verification and accuracy of data.
- Experience in both relational and non-relational database systems.
- Demonstrable experience implementing and maintaining large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of database server and data security – encryption and anonymisation of sensitive data, role-based access control, row-level based access control.
- More than 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services experience. Good SQL Server administration experience is required. PowerBI experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with cloud databases and data solutions such as Google BigQuery and Cloud Dataflow is considered an asset.
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
- Results-driven problem solver and desire to close issues, pragmatic and realistic with solutions.
- Flexible and resilient, handle various demands planned and unplanned.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels in a collaborative style.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Self-starter, fast learner and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective team player.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail is important.
Melita Limited – KMP-59136