Who are we?
Melar Operations is a fast-growing company in Malta, providing 24/7 customer support services. To continue to improve our business, we are now looking for an IT Manager to further strengthen our operations within Malta’s office.
What does the job involve?
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will run a small team of IT professionals in providing support on all aspects of Melar Operations technology and ensuring the smooth running of the IT department.
This position requires a self-driven, natural leader, who possesses a flexible attitude towards work and is willing to travel.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing the effective administration of the Company’s information technology and computer systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of various contact centre technical platforms;
- Outlining the most effective resources and overseeing projects through design, implementation and support;
- Consulting with various stakeholders and the management team to discuss changes and improvements needed;
- Reviewing the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of budget, personnel, equipment and service levels;
- Demonstrating leadership, accountability, work ethic and the ability to build rapport with clients, team members and other managers;
- Ensuring continuous update of IT systems, hardware and documentation;
- Ensuring adherence to the Company’s IT security policy;
- Answering technical questions and supporting the IT team on escalated issues, as required;
- Providing support with any other technical system, such as the premises access control and CCTV systems;
- Leading the IT team by:
- Communicating job expectations and providing guidance;
- Managing team performance;
- Identifying coaching and training as required;
- Ensuring staff adherence to Company policies and procedures.
What are the job requirements?
- A technology related graduate degree;
- Sound knowledge of IT operations;
- Proven working knowledge on administering Microsoft and Linux systems;
- As a minimum, two years’ experience in an IT leadership role;
- Experience with infrastructure management, both on-premise and cloud-based services;
- Experience with the architecture of complex information systems and related requirements;
- Be passionate, reliable and have a proactive mindset;
- Be eager to learn and explore outside one’s comfort zone;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Good analytical and collaborative skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Good knowledge of Maltese will be considered an asset;
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess hands-on experience with;
- hyper converged / software-defined environments
- VDI environments
- Oracle Service Cloud, Citrix Virtual Desktops, VMware, VOIP, Twilio platform and/or similar technologies
Melar Operations – KMP-41515