Meeting Point Malta is a destination management company that over the years has succeeded in developing longstanding business relationships with the island’s top hospitality product and service providers. Meeting Point Malta is looking for an Assistant Key Account Manager / Contractor who is a mature and meticulous individual, to carry out administrative tasks in relation to management of inventory within the hotel sector, which will also include negotiations with accommodation suppliers.
Key duties will include:
- Establish and maintain contacts with clients’ (tour operators) product managers;
- Communicate with clients to understand their business model and choose the best products for their operations;
- Negotiate with accommodation suppliers to achieve competitive rates and terms;
- Ensure clients’ availability to meet the client’s needs;
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure optimal services to the end consumer.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a sound knowledge of the local tourism / hospitality industry.
- Possess good negotiating skills and able to find innovative solutions to problems.
- Have work experience in marketing / sales.
- Have the ability to take initiative and responsibility.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and ability to work on own initiative.
- Possess enthusiasm to work in a dynamic environment.
- Be a team player who can build business relationships with stakeholders.
- Fluency in languages, particularly French will be considered an asset.
- Diploma qualification or higher in preferably tourism or business management with work experience in the tourism industry would be considered an asset.
Meeting Point Malta Limited – KMP-41598