Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd. operates a number of hotels in Malta under the brand name of Labranda Hotels and Resorts and is seeking to recruit an IT Manager, on a full-time basis to be based at the Labranda Riviera Hotel and Spa in Marfa.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, duties include but are not limited to:
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
- Responds courteously and efficiently to queries and problems from guests and system users.
- Responsible for smooth functioning and coordination of vendors for guest internet, Property Management Systems (PMS), and Point of Sale (POS, IPTV, telephony systems and other software vendors).
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, servers, workstations, networking equipment, PABX, email accounts, and also support for the underlying server / desktop infrastructure.
- Prepare and implement a preventive maintenance schedule for all IT hardware and software.
- Manage leadership in the establishment of project scope, technical strategy, cost, budget and staff support requirements with new IT initiatives.
- Prepare policy and procedures for the IT department and for the user department.
- Managing disaster recovery process and ensuring regular daily backup is taken.
- Anti-virus setup and day-to-day support.
- Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedures relating to PCI compliance are updated.
- Monitors and maintains a proper inventory of hardware and software licenses.
- Keep updated with the latest hotel technology and security risks on a regular basis.
The selected candidate must have:
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology field.
- Experience with these hospitality-related applications and or systems (PMS, POS, Key card, PBX, voice mail).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in hospitality, operations, and IT support roles. Along with a minimum of two (2) years of Supervisory / Managerial experience.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Candidates will be requested to provide favourable reference letters when requested by the recruitment selection board.
Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd – KMP/HR/07/22/01