Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Shipping and Freight Forwarding Assistant to join our dynamic team based in Malta.
- Freight forwarding responsibilities:
- Obtain freight quotations for both import and export shipments.
- Quote on all known shipments to increase potential hit rate and quote to clients for both import and export shipments.
- Keep a log of all quotations received, issued and profit per shipment.
- Weigh and measure goods for export.
- Print shipping documents including, invoices, packing lists, AWB / BOL, customs documents and all related documents compile and process customs documents.
- Maintain a customs entries file with all related records and issue Form B (Cargo Exit Note).
- Liaise with Medserv Customs Clearance Officer or subcontracted haulier to collect original shipping documents, process payment and collect the shipment.
- Shipping and vessel movements responsibilities:
- Ensure that permission has been granted from Transport Malta to allow the vessel to enter Maltese Territorial Waters.
- Inform Port Control, Pilots, Pilot Launch, mooring men and tugs when required about the ETA of the vessel.
- Prepare a file with arrival documents for free pratique of vessels.
- Prepare ship-generated waste declaration receipts for all vessels after these documents are signed by the master and handed on to the person in charge for processing in accordance with Transport Malta’s requirements.
- Forward cargo-related documents (manifests) to the Operations department to organize offloading of cargo.
- Organise conveyance boat service for cargo to be loaded on vessels / rigs within / outside territorial waters and / or for crew changes when required.
- Prepare mail of vessels for shipment and prepare service requisition orders.
- Keep contact with the vessel charterer / owner on the E.T.D. of the vessel.
Who are you
- Hold an MQF level 3 of education in business administration.
- Holds one (1) year of experience in an office environment or in a similar position.
- In possession of an ECDL Licence. intermediate to advanced skills in the use of MS Office applications.
- In possession of a clean driving license (category B).
- Ideally possesses a basic overview knowledge related to shipping and vessel movements.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Maltese and English.
- Holder of a valid work permit issued by respective Maltese authorities.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays.
- Must be accurate, precise, thorough and give attention to detail.
- Maintain a good, cooperative and respectful attitude.
- Innovative and has the ability to find out-of-the-box solutions.
- Ability to communicate and be a team member.
Training and development
If you do not meet every single requirement but you are excited about this role, the company will consider as well candidates who have the right attitude to work and be willing to learn and progress in their role.
The company is committed to the continuous learning and development of all staff to enable people to develop individual skills and realise their full potential as part of the team. You will receive in-depth training from team members, relevant virtual training, and workshops as appropriate. The various training sessions will be structured to introduce you to different tasks and progress gradually over time whilst having the daily support of your colleagues and Line Manager.
MedservRegis operates from four continents, present in twelve countries and operating from ten bases – delivering four principal areas of operation: offshore oil and gas logistics, engineering services, toll manufacturer of drilling fluids and power generation from large-scale PV arrays and premium threading, inspection and repair services for oil country tubular goods (OCTG) to the portfolio of engineering services.
Medserv – MED-MLT-MAR-002