Painters form an important part of a technical team to ensure that structures, pipework and other items are fabricated in line with specifications and in a safe manner.
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors using brushes, spray guns, and rollers.
- Mixes solvents according to formula and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster.
- Operates spray-painting equipment or brushers or rolls paint on surfaces.
- Supports in upkeep and for maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Understands clients’ requirements and ensures work completion in a satisfactory manner.
- Operates UHP machine for surface preparation for repainting. Hydrostatic, testing of hoses, pipes and fittings, valve actuation and accumulator pressurization and removal of rust and varnish from industrial pipes prior to recoating and removal of dope and oil from pipe threads for inspection.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining ongoing communications with other departments, and fellow personnel. Supports in other tasks / operations within the department and constantly collaborating with other team members within the organisation.
- Performs other duties as required.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Maltese and English.
- Preferably with experience offshore or in a dry-docking repair facility.
- Ideally in possession with a certificate or similar concerning spray painting.
- Be conversant with high-performance coatings, such as Pot life, Wet Film Thickness, (WFT) Dry Film Thickness (DFT) Overcoating Intervals.
- Ideally have the knowledge to operate UHP Machines.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- IT literacy skills.
- Time management skills and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Have a strong and ethical character.
Medserv – MED-MLT-OCT-002