As an HR Officer you will be able to support the HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The position will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, assisting to plan and administer important function, such as recruitment and selection, training and development and compensation and benefits.
- Prepare the necessary documents, schedule and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordination with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, including inputting data into the Company designated HR system and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing, including; updates to employee files, bonus / incentive pay, tracking vacation / sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Supports the recruitment & selection process as guided by the HR Manager.
- Administer the training database and organize respective trainings.
- Deal with employees’ complaints and provide feedback to enhance a better and cordial working environment; assist employees and management with queries on company benefits and entitlement.
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Partner with HR Manager to develop new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience.
- Ensure legal compliance with Maltese employment law and necessary directives.
- Acts as a backup to reception in relation to the administration of employees’ punch clock. In the absence of receptionist, daily upload punches of employees into the time and attendance Module, review attendance of employees and report accordingly to Managers / Supervisors.
Experience & Education Background:
- MQF level 4 of education in business studies, or holds an HR related certificate/ diploma.
- Holds a 1-year experience working in a similar role.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Maltese.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
- Must possess a clean driving license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across departments.
- Detailed-oriented, well organised and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Able to multi-task with minimum supervision.
- Reporting and presentation skills.
- Flexible, reliable and have an ethical mindset.
- Ability to motivate people on your team and across departments.
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems.
Medserv – MED-MLT-NOV-003