This role is responsible for the coordination of all Human Resources activities for existing projects and new projects within the region. This position works closely with individual Project Manager and the Operations Manager to ensure operations receive Quality HR support through the company’s areas of operation.
- Ensuring that all personnel and third-party providers operating in the region are aware of and adhere to all company HR-related policies and procedures.
- Schedule manage and organise the mobilisation of staff members, including the handling of Fitness To Work (FTW) certification, vaccination confirmations visas, flights, accommodation and insurance.
- Liaising with clients or Project Manager regarding the mobilisation of staff members.
- Ensure the provision of uniforms, lanyards, and PPE is handled accordingly and as may be needed by all company members of staff.
- Manage and assist Project and Operations department personnel in the recruitment of quality personnel including the reviewing / creation of job descriptions, recruitment drives and headhunting, the management of applicants and assistance during the interview process as per company policies and procedures.
- Manage the HR responsibilities of the induction process for all staff members as per company policies and processes.
- Maintain and manage all HR personnel records keeping all up to date and respecting GDP.
- Responsible for maintaining an updated roster for all projects and sites.
- Responsible for drawing up and maintaining country and site organisational charts.
- Approve timesheets received from all sites and ensure they are received by the Accounts department in a timely manner.
- Check, identify and resolve discrepancies in time sheets and payroll records.
- Provide administrative support to the team as may be needed on a daily basis.
- Liaise with in-country HR personnel to organise performance appraisals, investigate incidents, manage poor performance plans and implement the outcomes of disciplinary procedures as required.
- To give HR support to in-country personnel and Project Manager in areas of operation where no in-country HR resource is available, including grievances and disciplinaries.
- Ensure that timelines and deadlines are respected and organised for self and others’ overtime work where required to achieve deadlines.
- Work closely with the training department to ensure company and client training requirements are met.
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time for the proper operation of the business within the limit of the person’s capabilities.
- Skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Able to work under pressure, in a team and on his / her own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Confident user of Microsoft Suite.
- High proficiency in English.
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment.
- Able to respect deadlines and focused on delivering on time.
- Additional languages would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in Operational HR, ideally in handling remote projects and personnel.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years experience in general HR.
- Ideally a qualification / diploma in HR or a relevant field from a recognised academic or industry body such as CIPD.
Medilink International – KMP-82005