Medilink International has over two decades expertise in providing remote area medical services to multinational companies and public sector entities. We operate worldwide serving clients in sectors ranging from the oil and gas extraction industries and infrastructure conglomerates to insurance firms, governmental health services and international NGOs.
We have the experience and resources to serve clients worldwide in remote and extreme environments. Our expertise lies in providing integrated, medical support services tailored to the diverse requirements of each client and sector.
We are currently seeking a Finance Officer to join our team.
The Finance Officer position supports the Senior Accountant and the Finance Managers with the preparation of accounts and handling of the day-to-day management of payables, receivables and posting of costs as well as the initial preparatory work for monthly financial reports.
This is a developmental position with the aim of creating a fast track for the individual employee to progress through various incremental Finance department positions and responsibilities as they develop their skills, competencies and experience and academic development to move to a more senior role within the Finance department.
- Preparing all accounts up to a trial balance stage for subsidiaries within the Group, as well as assisting with posting, cash flow compilation, performing monthly reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and assisting with forecasts
- Proceed with the monthly management accounts issue under the supervision of the Senior Accountants
- Liaising with the external auditors where necessary and providing the necessary support
- Produce financial reports as required by management
- Preparing and filing VAT returns
- Fixed Asset Register upkeep
- Assisting with the day to day operations
- Any other responsibilities, commensurate with the employee’s experience and position, that the Finance Manager deems suitable from time to time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and supplies.
- Up to date knowledge of pharmaceutical products
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise the workload
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft office; Word and excel
- Ability to work in a team and individually under own initiative
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and focus oriented
- Takes ownership of assignments
- Good geographical knowledge and knowledge of current affairs
- A can do attitude
- The appointed candidate will be placed on a career progression program, and thus are expected to actively pursue ACCA qualification.
- A timeplan, progression and support will be discussed with the candidate on a regular basis with the Finance Manager
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Excel
- Team player
- Able to work under own initiative
- Organised, accurate and methodical
- Deadline oriented
- Able to be flexible and multitask
- Solutions driven
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment will be given priority
- Knowledge of Shireburn accounting will be considered an asset
- Ideally Minimum of 2 passes in ACCA
- Ideally graduate in Accountancy, Finance or related subject
- Ideally diploma or equivalent in accountancy
Medilink International – KMP-64239