Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 42 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air insulated Medium voltage switchgear, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards and Automatic Voltage Regulators and the manufacture of gas insulated switchgear and Ring Main Units is seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to fill this vacancy.
The chosen candidate will form part of a dynamic team responsible for the complete process from product design, manufacture, testing and project management. The selected candidate must be an energetic person with good leadership skills. The ability to work under pressure and have a hands-on approach are also valuable attributes for this position.
- Effectively manage a team responsible for product development and testing.
- Ensure products meet international standards and client requirements.
- Define and implement product testing procedures and plans.
- Prepare reports and implement product improvements.
- An Electrical Engineering degree, preferably in power engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a team and be flexible in approach.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to keep abreast with emerging technologies.
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of CAD software will be considered an asset.
Medelec Switchgear Limited – KMP-51615