Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 42 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air insulated Medium voltage switchgears, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards and Automatic Voltage Regulators and the manufacture of gas insulated switchgear and Ring Main Units is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Technician.
The selected candidate will form part of the maintenance team responsible for the installation and routine maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Install and move machinery and plant.
- Implement machine preventive maintenance schedules
- Troubleshoot and repair faults in machinery and plant
- Maintain premises
- Logging and periodic testing of electrical and pneumatic equipment
- Maintain relevant documentation including inspection and fault logs for all equipment
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are always adhered to.
- MQF Level 4 education in a related field. Experience in a similar environment will be considered an asset
- An energetic person with the ability to work under pressure and have a hands-on approach
- Be an active team member
- Ability to work under own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Have excellent reasoning and creativity skills.
Medelec Switchgear Limited – KMP-51614