- Updating procedures / policies regarding anti-money laundering
- Performing onboarding and ongoing monitoring, Know Your Customer (KYC), anti-money laundering, risk management and engagement letters
- Conducting and preparing training materials on AML
- Drawing up a compliance calendar and checklist
- Assisting in the drawing up of policies and procedures
- Monitoring compliance to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Keeping abreast of new legislation and Mazars quality assurance requirements
- Reporting to and liaison with local regulatory bodies and with Mazars group
- Reporting to the managing body on a regular basis
- Managing and monitoring professional indemnity insurance program
In an ever-changing and more robust business environment where new skill sets are required, this post offers the ideal person the opportunity to develop a career in Compliance.
This role provides the selected candidate with the opportunity to grow with and develop a compliance and risk framework under the guidance of senior management.
As a result, candidates must demonstrate an assertive character and strong willingness to learn. A methodological approach to work and the ability to quickly adapt to new challenges are essential ingredients to the success of this role.
You are pro-active, a team player and self-motivated. You possess a good understanding of corporate, legal or regulatory compliance. You also possess excellent English spoken and report writing skills. You hold a degree in Commerce or any business-related field or risk management.
Why join us?
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
About Mazars Malta
Mazars in Malta is one of the island’s leading multi-disciplinary audit, accounting, tax, and advisory firms. With a strong reputation for providing personal services and quality advice, the firm believes in customised solutions, addressing each of our client’s challenges with a dedicated team of experts combining local market knowledge and global technical advice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars Malta – KMP-61184