Reporting directly to the Food Safety and Quality Coordinator, and assisted by our HACCP Coordinator, the Food Quality and Technologist is responsible for carrying out quality checks on the intermediate and finished products.
The Food Quality and Technologist is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the quality documentation is kept up to date.
- Carrying out daily QC visual and sensory checks on the product in the bakery and the manufacturing plant.
- Ensuring that the product is consistent and always up to the company’s set standards.
- Liaising with the team on the development of new products.
- Ensuring product safety and the label and nutritional information are correct.
This role is an interesting and unique opportunity to work in the food manufacturing industry.
The Maypole team is looking for these characteristics in the ideal candidate:
- Be knowledgeable or willing to learn about local and EU labelling and food safety regulations.
- Be a person with high attention to detail and with a pro-active attitude.
- Be willing to carry out research on new food trends and technologies.
- Strong integrity and moral principles.
- Ability to take initiative in designing and developing programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Keen sense of priorities and ability to manage time effectively.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A diploma in food technology or 2 years’ experience in the food industry or in quality control.
- Be knowledgeable about food quality, ingredient quality and final product presentation.
- Experience in HACCP and food safety management system.
- Experience in R&D: an individual who is inquisitive and analytical.
- Intermediate skills or above in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power point.
Candidates with a combination of any of these qualifications and experience will give the candidate a better opportunity to be selected for the role.
Maypole Group – KMP-50708