Mamo TCV Advocates is one of Malta’s top-tier law firms, with significant depth and expertise across a broad range of practice areas. As an integrated corporate and commercial legal practice, we pride ourselves on our service delivery. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients as we provide them with the expert advice and legal insight.
With a team of over fifty lawyers and professionals from other disciplines, we are confident of our ability to continuously act as a point of reference for our clients.
Over the years we have built strong relationships with our clients and we remain committed to supporting them at all times as they face complex business and legal issues as well as they try to adapt to changing markets and regulatory landscapes.
For the past years Mamo TCV has been top ranked by Legal 500, IFLR 1000, Martindale-Hubell, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe.
An opportunity has arisen for interested candidates to join the Firm as Accounts Officer within the Finance department. In this role, the Accounts Officer will be supporting and liaising with the accounting team and financial manager. Responsible for performing accounting and administration tasks by diligently managing systems and transactions as required.
- Monitoring of bank accounts and updating of collection reports
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Issue periodic financial reports in collaboration with the Finance department team
- Manage client trust account activity
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Dealing with internal queries about payments
- Communicating with clients about billing queries and collections and ensuring all relevant debts by customers are managed as necessary
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Handle disputed or part-paid invoices and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Develop the credit management capability within the company
- Review the company’s debt recovery procedures
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to enquires from Senior Management
- Chase overdue invoices by phone, e-mail or other means deemed appropriate
- Maintain a database of clients and suppliers
- Assist the finance department according to exigencies
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- An advanced level of Accounts
- Previous experience within credit control
- Provide excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of Mamo TCV team
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Maltese and English
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A desire to succeed within a supportive team environment
- Be organised, meticulous and have good analytical skills
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite; knowledge of Maltese is desirable
- Proficient in Sage accounting Software and MS Office Products
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
Mamo TCV Advocates – KMP-42741