A vacancy for an Internal Audit Supervisor has arisen within the Internal Audit team which operates within the remit of the Company’s Audit and Risk Committee.
The jobholder will report to the Chief Audit Officer. The Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the section ensuring adherence to the Internal Audit plan and all tasks associated with its implementation.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform all the necessary checks and controls at the pre-determined frequency to ensure adherence to procedures.
- Systematically analysing and evaluating business processes and associated controls.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of information.
- Reviewing the systems established by management to ensure compliance with internal procedures and, where applicable, laws and regulations that could have an impact on operations and to identify any gaps.
- Report in an objective manner on the findings of any audit carried out also submitting recommendations where appropriate.
- Following up on audit reports through to implementation.
Ideal candidates should:
- As a minimum be in possession of an Advanced level standard at MQF Level 4 in Accounting possibly complemented by certificates relevant to the internal audit function.
- Preferably possess strong written and verbal communication skills, in English and Maltese.
- Have an advanced working knowledge of MS Office, in particular in Excel and Word.
- Be inclined to continuous personal improvement including through ongoing studies.
- Be able to demonstrate immediate understanding of key issues in complex situations and an inclination towards systematic analysis of procedures and where relevant wider regulations.
- Have an eye for detail and an inquisitive mind.
- Have an open and positive personality with good work ethics, capable of fostering meaningful and objective relationships across the business.
- Be a mature individual and having ethical resiliency.
- Preferably certified to drive a car with a manual gearbox.
- Have a clean disciplinary record and police conduct certificate.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence. Soliciting will automatically disqualify the candidate.
MaltaPost p.l.c – KMP-86872