A vacancy has arisen for the post of Insurance Supervisor in the Senior Administrator grade for duties within the Company’s Retail and Insurance department. The chosen candidate will report to the Head of Insurance Services.
The main responsibilities include:
- Being familiar with all the insurance products and services offered by MaltaPost plc.
- Attending regular insurance information sessions as part of the yearly CPD training.
- Maintaining new clients through direct contact as well as maintaining meaningful relationships with existing customers to ensure retainers.
- Issuing of insurance quotations – general and life business.
- Assisting customers with the completion of proposal forms and any other queries.
- Constant liaison with PostaInsure Agency Limited and IVALife Insurance Limited regarding insurance referrals and other matters whilst nurturing and maintaining a strong relationship with our principals.
- Supervising and supporting the insurance team with other responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Supporting, training and mentoring of the retail insurance team.
- Contacting clients / lead from Account holders.
- Timely collection of insurance premiums and handling of cash.
- Handling of claims and complaints.
- Assisting and deputizing for the Head of Insurance Services as required.
Applicants shall hold:
- Work experience in the insurance business is considered an asset.
- Preferably in possession of an insurance-related qualification such as a certificate or diploma / advanced diploma in Insurance.
- Passes in at least 5 subjects at MQF level 3 Ordinary level which may include an ECDL certification or equivalent – this may include holding a certificate in Computer Studies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English as well as Maltese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse problems objectively, work on own initiative, prioritise tasks and provide efficient/ timely customer care services.
The appointment is subject to a 6-month probationary period. Working hours are from 7.30 to 16.00, Monday to Friday.
MaltaPost p.l.c – KMP-82329