We form part of an international network of transport companies present in four continents with over 40,000 employees. Our philosophy is to maximise on this international experience and adapt it to the local context wherever we operate, including Malta.
As the national bus operator, we cover 30 million kilometres every year with our fleet of over 400 buses and a team of over 1,300 people.
The Company is seeking to recruit a mature, reliable and energetic individual for the following position in the Engineering department: Workshop Coordinator.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Workshop Coordinator will be handling phone calls from Control Room and coordinating first step actions to be taken in order to manage incidences.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Receive and manage phone calls;
- Open, record, and manage work orders in the Asset Management system;
- Follow up execution on the preventive maintenance plan;
- Give support on the job cards recording;
- Fill out job cards or any other documentation related to the job to fully assure traceability on his work;
- Ensure effective cleaning and organisation of work areas and tools at all times, including hazardous wastes management;
- Follow company health and safety policy;
- Carry out other duties that can be allocated or delegated by Engineering Manager.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have knowledge on parts of vehicles;
- One year working experience in a similar role;
- Be organised and able to communicate effectively;
- Be a team player and able to work within a team;
- Problem solving skills;
- Have a positive energetic attitude;
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
Malta Public Transport – KMP-44665