We form part of an international network of transport companies present on four continents with over 40,000 employees. Our philosophy is to maximise on this international experience and adapt it to the local context wherever we operate, including Malta.
As the national bus operator, we cover 30 million kilometres every year with our fleet of over 400 buses and a team of over 1,300 people.
The Company is seeking to recruit a mature, reliable and energetic individual for the following position Innovation Manager in the IT department.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manage scheduling and prioritisation of the technology projects portfolio according to the IT Business strategy;
- Developing ideas and opportunities into executable project plans that achieve the goals and objectives of the project;
- Monitor progress of various technology projects ensuring they are delivered successfully on time and within the budget;
- Manage a multi-disciplined projects team;
- Perform stakeholder and risk management;
- Present timely project status reports on progress as well as problems and solutions;
- Lead quality assurance and testing for all projects;
- Ensuring that system standards and necessary resources for all completed projects are documented and properly communicated, implemented, and practised;
- Ensure the IT service delivery team personnel are continuously aware of new projects and trained to maintain them and deliver a quality support service;
- Lead the data strategy by developing and implementing reporting and information management solutions;
- Work closely with all departments to identify opportunities to create solutions for improved efficiency and productivity;
- Actively promoting technology awareness within the company;
- Assessing and evaluating new technologies which can sustain and improve the company’s strategy;
- Implementing solutions that strengthen the internal controls within the organisation;
- Acting as an IT consultant and supporting all departments within the company.
- Degree in Computer science or similar;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role;
- IT infrastructural and Architecture knowledge;
- Data science knowledge;
- Programming knowledge;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Financial Management awareness;
- KPI Management.
Why join us?
At Malta Public Transport we pride ourselves on being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation that puts technology and service excellence at the forefront of what we do. Forming part of an international group of companies that spans five regions across the globe, we are continuously eyeing ways of growing our service offerings to the Maltese market.
Forming part of a community of over 1200 employees, you will be an integral part of our company’s development. Apart from a competitive remuneration package, you will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and career within Malta Public Transport.
If you would like to take ownership of your role and development within a team of young and dynamic individuals, then this is your moment!
Malta Public Transport – KMP-72820