We form part of an international network of transport companies present in four continents with over 40,000 employees. Our philosophy is to maximise on this international experience and adapt it to the local context wherever we operate, including Malta.
As the national bus operator, we cover 30 million kilometres every year with our fleet of over 400 buses and a team of over 1,300 people.
The company is seeking to recruit a mature, reliable and energetic individual for the following position in the Engineering department: Cost and Administration Manager – Industrial Engineering.
The Cost and Administration Manager is responsible for the planning and controlling of costs, budgets, estimates, operations and financing of the Engineering department.
- Prepare and organise financial data such as cost forecasting, KPI budgeting and financial performance of the Engineering department;
- Understand and analyse expenditure (deviations) of engineering including large repairs such as engines, transmissions, differentials, axels and other related areas;
- Collect data to estimate and analyse costs;
- Organise and review cost controlling including expenditure, forecasting and actual costs, to address variations and minimise overruns;
- Supervise, update and review budgets, expenditures, forecasts and costs as required;
- Organise and carry out labour (task hours on demand versus technician hours on availability) productivity analysis to determine efficiency of the engineering department;
- Lead and manage a team of infrastructure technicians, workshop administrators and auxiliary services personnel;
- Prepare return-on-investment analysis, establishing time frames and monitoring progress;
- Carry out duties assigned by the Engineering Director.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least two years working experience in either transport, engineering or operations management role or similar;
- Excellent planning, numerical and analytical skills;
- Have an advanced level in MS applications, MS Excel and MS Word;
- Have leadership and organisational skills;
- Be proficient (verbal and written) in at least Maltese and English;
- Be organised and able to communicate effectively;
- Have a positive energetic attitude;
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
Malta Public Transport – KMP-46409