An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Leisure Sales Manager, reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing to join the Sales department of the Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa, part of Marriott International and one of Malta’s leading 5-Star hotels.
The Leisure Sales and E-commerce Manager will be responsible for maximizing rooms revenue from defined market segments together with managing the distribution of the property. Fostering relationships with clients, proactively uncovering new prospects / accounts and maximizing conversion of business in line with the Hotels’ budgetary goals are all essential functions in the role.
- Representing Marriott Hotels worldwide, promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity and uncovering additional leads for the Malta Marriott Hotel and Spa.
- Manage relationships with all tour operators and Marriott GSO (Global Sales Office) counterparts to ensure maximum yield and opportunities are tapped into in line with budgetary objectives.
- Handling Leisure Group business, ensuring that budgeted revenues are achieved, whilst looking into new markets.
- Conducting Sales trips and attending trade shows, ensuring that the quality image of the organization is portrayed and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
- Working hand in hand with the Revenue Manager in managing relationships with third-party distributors to optimize placement, production, promotions and pricing.
- Managing all areas of content on the hotel property sites and third-party distributors.
- Reviewing the contracts of all operators and ensuring that all terms and conditions are in line with Marriott global contracts.
- Ensure that Marriott’s drive to the web is supported by global T&Cs of B2B’s adhered to and inserted on any of contracts they have at a property level.
- Proactively prospecting new accounts and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree, ITS or a similar diploma.
- Previous experience in a 4 or 5-star hotel and / or experience of the leisure market would be considered an asset.
- Excellent administrative and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, together with an excellent ability to build relationships with a positive approach towards both external and internal guests.
- Possess excellent negotiating skills, with the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
- Excellent command of the English language. Knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset.
- Candidate must exhibit strong personal confidence and good presentation skills, willingness to learn continuously and having a structured approach to planning, being a team player and able to work independently and under pressure.
Malta Marriott Hotel & SPA – KMP-59237