If you are a technology-savvy person and enjoy supporting end users, we would like to meet you!
Working within a team and reporting to the IT Manager the IT Support Officer is requested to provide Level 1 support to end users, maintain the company’s servers, install and configure new systems and diagnose any hardware and software user issues.
- Install and support computer systems, end user telephony, wireless networks and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, mobile / smart phones and Point Of Sale, in accordance with department standards;
- Monitoring of systems and networks to ensure normal operations and performing corrective actions when required;
- Ensuring backups are successfully being done;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems; diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Create procedural documentation and relevant reports when required;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Adhering to company IT security policies;
- Prioritizing and managing open cases;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with colleagues and hotel guests alike;
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
Skills and qualifications requirements:
- Excellent attitude to service colleagues and guests;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 2016 Active Directory or any other Windows Server operating system;
- Knowledge of Office 365 and cloud services;
- Knowledge of networking both at a physical and active layer;
- Knowledge of Virtualization infrastructures;
- Microsoft MCSA Certification or Comptia Server+, Network + or equivalent.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have at least one year experience in a similar position;
- Have experience in a hotel environment;
- Have experience with Micros POS systems.
Malta Marriott Hotel & SPA – KMP-85133