At Malta Marriott Hotel & Spa, we seek people who are positive, creative, dedicated and passionate about everything they do and who are proud to be associated with one of the most recognisable hospitality brands in the world. This is where you come in.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that revised or new Marriott standards are upheld in the product;
- Ensuring that all food and beverage procedures and standards are as per the current European minimum standards;
- Communicating and supporting the food and beverage development strategy of all products;
- Support effectively and positively the operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Sous Chef;
- Effectively support the process of maintaining the products, progress with ideas and input;
- Positively identify and acknowledge excellence in operations and maintain effective and appropriate liaisons with colleagues;
- To assist in the setting up and implementation of training records;
- To train and develop all the above disciplines to all junior members of staff;
- To prepare and update a departmental training manual.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of all food and beverage standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health and sanitation standards;
- Demonstrates proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment;
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation;
- Ability to support the control of food cost;
- Ability to clearly define productivity standards with quality requirements and methods required to obtain them;
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently;
- Rectify arising problems and complaints;
- Be a team player;
- Flexible with working hours, including evenings and weekends.
Malta Marriott Hotel & SPA – KMP-65236