Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working within an airport environment, is motivated and eager to learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. The vacancy for a Technical Support and Quality Engineer has arisen within the Technical Services Department.
The successful candidate will be assisting the department in maintenance contract management, preparing technical designs, specifications and BOQs for engineering related projects and ensuring conformity to mechanical and electrical specifications and legal requirements.
- To organise, plan and control, in liaison with the Departmental Manager and Shift Leaders, preventive and corrective maintenance works of the airport complex including MIA buildings and aerodrome infrastructure.
- To be the designated building management system (BMS) expert capable of using it to monitor and maintain the terminal services in optimum operating conditions with maximum energy efficiency.
- To develop and maintain, with the assistance of technical administrators and external consultants, the MIA general specifications for mechanical and electrical (M&E) minimum specifications, covering all trades and types of installations within the terminal. The specifications shall be relevant to all in-house and contracted works.
- To administer day-to-day issues such as maintenance contracts management, negotiation of new engineering-related agreements, liaison with suppliers, contractors and service providers, ensuring adequate stock levels of specialised parts and consumable items, in accordance with Company and Departmental Procedures.
- To manage the energy and water reduction and efficiency program by identifying and implementing actions, measuring and reporting the impact of such actions.
- To identify any technical work related to facilities maintenance and certification which can be outsourced, develop Service Level Agreements and monitor service providers’ quality and effectiveness.
- Be in possession of an Electrical Engineering degree, preferably with an emphasis on power engineering.
- Be a warranted engineer, or be eligible to obtain a warrant in accordance with the engineering profession act.
- To have a clear understanding of wiring regulations.
- To have experience in contract definition and management.
- To have a passion for sustainable buildings including but not limited to energy and water consumption efficiency, renewable energy and related emerging technologies.
- To have a broad understanding of Mechanical and Plumbing Engineering.
- To have excellent spoken and written English and Maltese.
- To have experience in report writing.
- To have a clean conduct and a driver’s license.
Malta International Airport – KMP-47350