Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working within an airport environment to join its Technical Services team.
The Site Manager shall oversee and manage the site including the contractors, on a daily basis, ensuring work is always carried out safely, on-time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
- Direct, supervise and troubleshoot daily issues that arise on a construction site;
- Monitor the progress of projects and ensure they are always on track as per agreed program of works;
- Read and understand architectural and structural plans;
- Issue regular reports and progress work updates;
- Participate and/or conduct regular progress meetings with the various stakeholders involved in the project(s);
- Co-ordinate testing activities;
- Facilitate the site and quantity surveying functions which may be carried out by the company, contractor and/or civil engineering or finishing consultants;
- Continuously ensure that works are carried out according to pre-approved designs so as to make sure that the required quality standards are met;
- To maintain the Project Site Office in an organised fashion and to catalogue / file certificates and other related documents;
- To obtain and store photographic records on a daily basis (if required) so as to record any notable project site changes;
- Ensure and enforce safe working conditions and compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations;
- Report to Management any instances when infringements occur on site especially when concerning company policies and H&S regulations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3 years on-site experience in the industry performing a similar role.
- Training / qualifications in a related field particularly civil engineering or construction management.
- Training / qualifications in mechanical or electrical installation will be considered as an asset.
- A good communicator, problem-solver and critical thinker.
- Able to read architectural and structural plans.
- Able to use MS Project and ACAD.
Malta International Airport – KMP-47353