Malta International Airport plc is looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about working within an airport environment, are willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the Innovation and Technology department.
Purpose of Position
To maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to design, configure, administer and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Develop network concept design documents that can be used in tender or other bidding documents;
- Administer network infrastructure including data centres, communication rooms, fibre optic and structured cabling infrastructure including patch management;
- Administer and monitor network active devices including IP telephony, firewalls, link balancers, automatic transfer switches and UPS’s;
- Supervise installations for any new project or upgrade(s);
- Administer moves, additions and changes including notification processes and their documentation;
- Administer network contractor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to maintain all network devices at an optimum level, keeping the loss of business to a minimum;
- Administer network security and all WAN connectivity;
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, latency) and test for any weaknesses;
- In conjunction with the IT Administrators, to set up and maintain segmented networks for all users;
- Define and upkeep all network policies and procedures.
- Possess a recognized qualification in an ICT-related field;
- Proven experience in a Network Administrator role;
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching;
- Sound knowledge of software-defined networks;
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of mid-sized network infrastructures;
- Commitment to pursue further technical courses if required;
- Ideally experience with firewalls, VPN’s, troubleshooting and problem resolution;
- Experience with multi-vendor network operating systems;
- An excellent team player.
Malta International Airport – KMP-68030