Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an Airport environment, are willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the Met Office department on a full-time basis.
Purpose of Position
To lead and manage the Met Office team and proficiently ensure meteorological services are delivered to the highest of standards and in accordance with domestic / international regulations.
- Lead and motivate the Met Office team around a culture of customer focus, performance-driven actions and passion for the job.
- Oversee the delivery of a high standard of service in meteorology to aviation, maritime and domestic sectors.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation, interpretation, and publication of meteorological forecasts.
- Drive organisational efficiency and maximise value for the benefit of key stakeholders.
- Nurture and constantly maintain excellent relations with other departments within the company as well as third parties including Malta Air Traffic services and Transport Malta.
- Be familiar with EASA and ICAO regulations and WMO recommendations as these may apply to Aviation Meteorological Services. Update Met Services procedures in line with developing regulations and recommended practices.
- Liaise with ISO and Transport Malta Auditors. Provide required feedback and implement identified needs for improvement and / or corrective action.
- Execute procedures established under the Met services quality system. Scrutinise data quality, service levels and KPI for required corrective action or opportunity for improvement.
- Establish and develop contacts with international counterparts such as meteorological institutes, Universities and Research centres.
- Help cultivate and nurture the Met Office brand both locally and abroad.
- Ensure the Met Office keeps abreast of science and technology in an affordable and sustainable way.
- Act as the organisation’s spokesperson and represent the Met Office locally and internationally (if and when required).
- Manage and determine reporting, budgets, resource deployment including rosters and training for the team and office.
- Perform any tasks and duties as directed by the Company’s Senior Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years experience in a Managerial role which preferably has included dealing with scientific and technical team members.
- In possession of an undergraduate degree from a locally recognised university institution that is relevant to the role.
- Proven experience in leading teams and excellent communication skills (written and spoken) (Maltese and English).
- Familiarity with health, safety and environmental law / regulations.
Malta International Airport – KMP-68034