Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an Airport environment and is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the Innovation and Technology department.
Purpose of position
This is a junior position which is ideal for graduates who have recently obtained a degree in an ICT-related field (or shall be graduating this year) and who have a passion for system administration and a flair for IT services. The position involves providing technical support through specialist knowledge of the company’s IT systems.
Overall responsibilities include system administration tasks, management of IT projects, liaising with IT suppliers, documentation of IT-related procedures, and giving assistance in the design and maintenance of IT applications with particular attention to delivering business solutions, enhanced user experience and robust infrastructure.
- Provide system administration tasks on assigned company applications.
- Provide second and third-level IT Help Desk support or escalate support to third parties or vendors as necessary.
- Keep updated documentation related to IT policies, procedures, and systems.
- Draft and deliver training packages on applications for both frontline technical support and also end users.
- Be responsible for keeping applications updated, managing their development roadmaps and proposing improvements, for same to continue to deliver solutions to the business.
- Assist in the system analysis, design and testing of new IT systems, including both software and hardware architecture, ensuring that such systems are compliant with IT best practices.
- Manage IT projects from design to implementation in collaboration with other technology sections and departments.
The ideal candidate should
- Possess a recognized qualification in an ICT-related field. Some work experience in an ICT-related job will be considered an asset.
- Be knowledgeable in:
- Office automation tools, particularly MS Office 365.
- Database theory and SQL.
- Microsoft Windows administration tools.
- Virtualization technology, in particular Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Troubleshooting Windows server issues using inbuilt Windows applications such as the Event Log Viewer, netstat etc.
- Basic networking protocols.
- Be able to gather user requirements and document IT systems.
- Possess strong communication and writing skills. Able to present ideas, information and reports in a clear, concise format using narrative statements, spreadsheets, presentations, and charts.
- Be capable of taking ownership and responsibility for IT systems.
- Excellent logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Be a quick learner who is able to work on your own initiative and in a team environment.
- Be capable of working on assigned projects within deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date on IT industry standards and evolving IT technology.
- Have the willingness to learn about new systems and attend training courses, certifications, workshops and conferences, even abroad if necessary.
- A very high level of English (written and spoken).
The grade and salary of this position shall be commensurate with qualification and work experience if any.
Malta International Airport – KMP-82429