Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an Airport environment, is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the Health & Safety department.
Purpose of position:
Coordinate and assist the department in the day to day operations, implement the Company’s health and safety procedures and programs in matters related with occupational health and safety and compliance.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Assist in ensuring that health and safety procedures in relation to the Occupational Health and Safety Authority Act, regulations, standards and codes is maintained.
- Assist and conduct regular routine inspections of all buildings, facilities and equipment for compliance with general and specific safety assessments.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety risk assessments to support Health and Safety Officer.
- Record and maintain relevant health and safety information and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations and ensure that health and safety inspection reports are compiled and maintained.
- Assist in the evaluating of sub/contractors’ risk assessments and safe work method statements and ensure that all the relevant OHS documentation is in order.
- Assist and perform OHS training and competencies of company personnel.
- Provide assistance to the HSE Manager and advice on HSE issues.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE Manager.
- Have a MQF Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety and a minimum three (3) years’ relevant work experience in a health and safety position.
- Have an excellent command of both written and spoken English and Maltese.
- Have an extensive knowledge of European and local H&S legislation and regulations.
- Be proficient with MS Office applications.
- Meticulous and capable of delivering under pressure.
- Be energetic, self-motivated and with a positive mind-set.
- Be capable of working both individually or in a team.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be willing to work full-time on a flexible basis as per Company’s needs.
Malta International Airport – KMP-38904