Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an airport environment, is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within Finance department.
To manage the key financial tasks of the finance department which include accounting, IFRS-reporting, budgeting, forecasting and risk management.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements including monthly management accounts, interim and year-end financial statements and annual corporate tax computation.
- Overseeing accounts payable / receivable, tax, treasury, financial and management and accounting functions.
- Play a leading role in the financial reporting process of the company.
- Presentation of financial results and analysis to internal committees and senior management.
- Lead, manage and direct the Finance team, ensuring members understand their roles and responsibilities and perform to the best of their abilities.
- Ensure that there are financial control policies and processes, as well as preventive measures, in place, to track, manage and report on the company’s financial resources and transactions.
- Ownership and management of the budgeting cycle.
- Cash flow management, ensuring there are appropriate / effective treasury controls.
- Preparation of investment appraisals, feasibility studies and/or business plans.
- Planning and controlling costs (CAPEX and OPEX).
- Regulatory and statutory reporting including compliance especially with regards to Malta Stock Exchange, MFSA and IFRS standards.
- Risk management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place.
- Work constructively with the company’s appointed internal and external auditors so as to optimise the relationship and facilitate communication between the two parties.
- A qualified / certified Accountant (ACCA, Accountancy degree or equivalent).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role carrying similar responsibilities.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and a leading ERP system and/or accounting package.
- Experience and good working knowledge of IFRS.
- A good command of both spoken / written English and Maltese.
Malta International Airport – KMP-50696