Malta International Airport plc is looking for an experienced and dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an Airport environment, is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the Projects department.
Purpose of Position
To act as support services to the Project Management team and assist management as may be required in the below-listed activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- QS Duties
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of the commercial component of projects according to a pre-established template.
- Review and assist Project Managers in the preparation and review of project estimates.
- Review tender Bills of Quantities and Method of Measurement prepared by external consultants.
- To assist Management in the post RFQ / tender commercial clarification process and evaluations.
- In conjunction with each PM, oversee the preparation of interim valuations and final accounts for those projects for which there is no external consultant.
- Adopt, implement, and oversee the department’s current procedures relating to cost control and management including Variation Orders both internally and externally.
- Review change orders to determine their impact on the project budget.
- Cost Controller Duties
- Develop and maintain cost control systems and procedures.
- Interface with PMs, consultants and engineers, and other personnel to obtain information necessary for cost control purposes, to be able to track, analyse and control costs for projects.
- Using the company’s document management and cost control application, develop and roll out standard format of cost reporting.
- Create customized effective reporting within the system to inform Management of all ongoing projects efficiently including updated cost-to-complete estimates.
- Attend project meetings and provide input on financial matters.
Qualifications and Skills
- A background in Construction and Quantity Surveying or another related background which may be considered relevant for this post.
- Academic qualification in the relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or higher.
- Candidates possessing a Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying (MCAST) or equivalent, would be given preference.
- The applicant should possess a minimum of two (2) years working in the field of Quantity Surveying and Cost Control.
- Should the applicant not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications listed above but has worked in the relevant field for at least 10 years in a similar role, the Company would consider the application.
- Have a valid driving license, able to work flexible hours and within a team.
Malta International Airport – KMP-82430