We are looking for a smart individual with a pleasant personality to work as a full-time Course Coordinator with the responsibility to administer MIT’s annual academic programme and to coordinate the logistics and marketing of the events organised by the Malta Institute of taxation.
If you are a highly motivated person, have excellent multi-tasking, communication and time management skills and can work well under pressure, then we would like to hear from you.
The selected person will be required to carry out all day-to-day pertinent to the execution of MIT’s academic programme.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Coordination of all logistics concerning all aspects of the academic programmes, including:
- Identifying and booking venues;
- Co-ordination of speakers, lecturers, examiners (not their identification);
- Co-ordination of payments for services rendered by speakers, lecturers, examiners;
- Securing of required audio-visual equipment and other lecturer tools and aids as required;
- Food and beverage requirements (as relevant);
- Maintenance and update of all course regulations, coordination of responses to queries received from interested applicants and students and ensuring application and observation of course regulations by the MIT and students;
- Printing and delivery of course materials, hand-outs, etc.;
- Attendees’ registrations, including but not limited to the gathering of data and relevant supporting documentation and fees related to the event;
- Event reservations (including payments, invoicing and receipting);
- Co-ordination of event promotion;
- Co-ordination of hospitality for foreign speakers;
- Co-ordination of examinations (including the assessment process and invigilation);
- Event budgeting (including pricing) in collaboration with the MIT’s respective committee members;
- Keeping of records relevant to all aspects of the academic programme in such manner as shall be directed by the Management;
- Conducting of market intelligence for the purpose of the development and enhancing of the MIT’s academic programmes;
- Implementation of all regulatory matters related to the educational courses organized by the institute;
- Such other pertinent tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned to you by the CEO;
- Respecting and observing the company’s rules and regulations together with policies and procedures.
Requirements as follows:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be pro-active and able to work on own initiative, independently as well as in a team;
- Able to work well with the senior management, council and committee members mostly remotely;
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English and Maltese;
- Good command of IT applications (MS Office and MS Outlook);
- Multi-tasking and excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively under pressure;
- Possess highly developed organisational skills, have an eye for detail and be meticulous;
- Ability to use discretion when exposed to highly confidential information;
- Able to work to strict deadlines and prioritise effectively under pressure;
- ECDL qualification or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms;
- Possess an A’ level standard level of education;
- Marketing experience especially on social media would be considered an asset.
Malta Institute of Taxation – KMP-60062