The Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (MFHEA) is issuing this call for those interested in offering their service for Data Analyst on a contract for service basis. The call is applicable to individuals and service providing entities.
Every year the Malta Further and Higher Authority (MFHEA) is responsible for comprehensive research on further and higher education as a basis for policy development and advice to the government and stakeholders. The MFHEA collects and collates statistics about students and graduates in further and higher education in Malta. The aim is to provide a comprehensive and precise picture of the national further and higher education sphere, to identify trends and put forward adequate recommendations for improvement and policymaking on a national and international level.
The MFHEA is now expanding its reach and needs to develop the data analysis aspect for its various research projects. It is thus seeking the services of Data Analysts.
The MFHEA will supply the raw data in anonymised format. Those selected will be expected to generate professional, academic-level analytical reports based on the data provided.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following
- Data cleaning
- Data analysis and interpretation of the processed statistics
- Develop research-led content
- Data visualization to assess / convey findings, trends and patterns
- Provision of regular updates
- Report writing and abstracts as necessary, based on research insight, findings / metrics and recommendations – including data graphical
- representation and tables
- Preparation of data for publication
Those selected must ensure punctuality, continuity and availability according to the established provisions. They will be offered a renewable monthly retainer according to the range of services provided / agreed upon, following a framework agreement, within which specific services, assignments deliverables and deadlines will be agreed upon.
Any information provided in the documentation, related to applicants, is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information. If successful, the applicants will be required to sign a declaration of confidentiality.
Individual applicants, as well as representatives of applying entities, need to meet the following requirements:
- Finalizing or in possession of a minimum EQF / MQF level 6 qualification in a field related to statistics, mathematics
- Fluent in written English
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Proven experience in quantitative research analysis methods
- Knowledgeable on Further and Higher Education policies in Malta and in the EU
Responses to this expression of interest should include the following:
- Brief covering letter, including relevant experience and any information about availability
- Provision of sample(s) of research undertaken by the applicant (in English)
- Europass curriculum vitae
- Scanned copies of certificates of qualification and transcript of records
Additional for entities
In addition to the above lists, entities need to submit a proposal identifying the main contact person and outlining the roles of the representatives who will be involved, their CVs and certificates of qualifications.
Contract: 6 months renewable.
Retainer: Eur 11.80 p/hour up to 15 hrs a week.Malta Further and Higher Education Authority – KMP-63805