MCST is currently looking to recruit a Senior Executive (Information & Communications Technology (ICT)) on a full-time basis (40 hours per week, which include weekends and public holidays). The Senior Executive (Information & Communications Technology (ICT)) would be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure of MCST and Esplora and ensure that all users get maximum benefits from such infrastructure. To provide technical support to all MCST units as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
MQF Level 7 qualification in ICT or IS or a relevant comparable professional qualification recognised by NCFHE, together with a minimum of 1-year relevant senior-level work experience in an ICT environment; or
MQF Level 6 qualification in ICT or IS or a relevant comparable professional qualification recognised by NCFHE, together with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant senior-level work experience in an ICT environment.
Core Deliverables / Accountabilities:
- Liaise with the Director (Corporate Services and Projects) and his / her delegate in charge of ICT.
- Maintain and administer software related to multi-media exhibits.
- Provide budgetary estimates to the Director (Corporate Services and Projects) and his / her delegate in charge of ICT.
- Assist in the maintenance of the technical operation of the Planetarium.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners including organising in-house, ad hoc, and third-party training on the use of software or hardware.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Test and evaluate new technology and support the roll-out of new applications.
- Assist in the planning of scheduled maintenance upgrades of computer systems and networks, and plan to undertake such upgrades as required.
- Deliver excellent standards of customer service by proactively attending to staff queries, needs and other special requests in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Investigate, diagnose and solve system, network, hardware or software faults.
- Assist in the repair of equipment and replacement of parts as required, including procuring replacement or specialist components, fixtures, or fittings.
- Conduct and record electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Assist the Director (Corporate Services and Projects) and his / her delegate in charge of ICT in the preparation of MCST Staff ICT Handbooks (SoPs and Policies).
- Assist with ICT auditing and general administrative tasks as required.
- Safeguard personal health and safety and that of others and report any health and safety concerns to ensure set standards are maintained.
- Ensure proactive compliance with MCST policies and procedures, including child protection, risk assessments and implementing safe systems of work.
Jobsplus Permit: 304/2021
Vacancy: 369722Malta Council for Science and Technology – KMP-61255