The Company is seeking graduate Engineers to join our Engineering and Planning department.
In this position the On-Site Planning Engineer will be responsible to develop and handle aircraft maintenance planning and job card activities. The incumbent will also coordinate the maintenance process with the customer, One Production System (OPS) and One Planning and Engineering (OPE).
He/She will act as single point of contact for other departments with regards to planning roles and responsibilities. Supports continuous improvement of project preparation within the group via detailed monitoring and analysis of planned versus actual performance and providing feedback on same to OPS or internally within OPE.
The incumbent will work closely with the Production department to establish and improve on KPI’s.
The chosen candidate is expected to:
- Act as single point of contact for other departments with regards to project related Planning activities.
- Coordinate between OPE Central and local site (pre- and post-aircraft arrival)
- Support Jobcard handling during the layover as required, in coordination with OPE departments
- Understanding of the quotation process and support in special layovers onsite.
- Cooperate with OPE to improve the responsible maintenance processes
- Check and raise defects out of Tech Log, Cabin Log, DBC
- Ensure successful achievement of aircraft layover project goals by being an active member in the project team
The selected candidates must work on their own initiative, be able to handle multiple tasks in parallel and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Applicants must be in possession of a university degree in aircraft engineering or a university degree in mechanical / electrical engineering or possess professional training in aircraft maintenance with a minimum of five years experience in aircraft maintenance / design / manufacturing environment.
Applicants must possess a high level of report writing skills and be highly motivated. Good communication skills and experience of managing / coordinating open teams are essential. Previous experience in aircraft maintenance, project management and familiarity with SAP software is considered an asset.
Lufthansa Technik Malta Limited – KMP-62544