The company is seeking graduate Engineers to join our Engineering and Planning department. In this position the Aircraft Engineer will be responsible for supporting defects outside of approved data limits for aircraft systems / engines / avionics and / or structures / interior. The incumbent will also be responsible to prepare reports for these defects to the OEMs and obtaining the relevant necessary approvals.
He / She will also be required to prepare customers’ specific reports in regards to aircraft systems / engines and / or structures / interior. Support the Production department in troubleshooting and also support project preparation.
The chosen candidate is expected to
- Prepare reports and draft repair proposals to OEMs for defects not covered by the available approved data
- Negotiate repair drafts or any other relevant issues with OEM Service Engineering and obtain applicable approvals
- Support project preparation in terms of materials and special tools identification primarily for incoming defects, special modifications and Engineering orders
- Advise the production department regarding structures/interior and aircraft systems / engines / avionics related troubleshooting
- Evaluate customer work package in the area of aircraft structures/interior/systems/engines and avionics in terms of materials and manhour forecasting and support quotation processes
- Report of discrepancies and defects out of AMM / CMM / SRM limits
- Ensure EASA Part – 145 compliance in systems/engines/avionics and in structures / interior engineering
The selected candidates must work on their own initiative, be able to handle multiple tasks in parallel and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Applicants must be in possession of a university degree in aircraft engineering or a university degree in mechanical / electrical engineering or possess professional training in aircraft maintenance with a minimum of five years experience in aircraft maintenance / design / manufacturing environment.
Applicants must possess a high level of report writing skills and be highly motivated. Good communication skills and experience of managing / coordinating open teams are essential. Previous experience in aircraft maintenance, project management and familiarity with SAP software is considered an asset.
Lufthansa Technik Malta Limited – KMP-62545