We are looking for a facilitator for our community-based project in Malta. We would like to introduce the Forest School concept, which involves a sense of community, self-learning path and outdoor experience to Malta and are starting with one group of children aged 2-4 years old. The person employed would be integral to our project and helping us realise our dream of nurturing a community inspired by the Forest School ethos in Malta. The ideal candidate would have a background in Early Years Education but would be passionate about the Forest School concept and would be willing to be trained as a Forest School Leader.
Above all, we are looking for someone who practices non-violent communication, believes deeply in community and understands the importance of the role they are taking on.
Start date: October 2nd 2023. Part-time contract. 25 hours. Two months holidays.
- Early years qualification or equivalent (or undergoing studies)
- Current Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Experience in outdoor education with children aged 2-5 years
- A love for working outdoors and knowledge of outdoor activities
- Fluent English
- Proficient in Maltese
- Forest School Leader or Assistant Forest School Leader certificate
- Other outdoor experiences and/or qualifications (eg. bushcraft)
- Music / art / dance / gardening skills or qualifications
Living Mindful Community – KMP-85032