The Legal and Compliance Manager is responsible for keeping up to date with changing laws within the jurisdictions the companies are licensed or operating in. The Legal and Compliance Manager is responsible for preparing reports to present to upper management detailing these laws and how the employees of the company are following them.
- Works closely with the COO, HR and Finance to keep them abreast of regulations;
- Assists with licensing applications and legal research;
- Ensures AML and onboarding checks are completed in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Key player in commercial negotiations covering diverse stakeholders and products;
- Assessing and advising on different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations; including commercial issues and employment law;
- Coordinate with other teams across the company to create and evolve good knowledge, process and expertise of relevant legal topics across all teams within the company;
- Be the point of contact with the regulatory authorities, filing monthly reports and maintaining an effective relationship with authorities;
- Proactively monitors ongoing developments throughout the company’s key markets, in terms of legislation within the area concerning online sports betting;
- On an ongoing basis, reports to management regarding changes, impact to the company;
- Responsible for and conducts internal audits to guarantee compliance with various regulatory authorities ensuring the company adheres to and remains compliant with statutory and regulatory conditions within the jurisdictions in the company operates in;
- Assists in and engages in the application of approvals in new jurisdictions as necessary and as required;
- Acts as the Internal governing body which responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations;
- Reviewing and evaluating compliance issues regarding fulfilling laws and regulations related to our organisation;
- Assisting in the review and negotiation of commercial agreements;
- Assists in drafting, implementing, revising and reviewing internal policies and procedures;
- Ensures that company, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behaviour in the organization meets the company’s standards of conduct.
- Excellent English, written and communication skills, with other languages a bonus;
- Degree in Legal, Finance or Business and at least 3 years experience in gaming;
- Self-starter, willing to take the lead and be a proactive game changer.
- Private health insurance;
- Paid vacations, in addition to public holidays in Lisbon, Portugal;
- Lunch allowance;
- Wellness allowance;
- Work permit support, if required;
- Team building event.
La Royale Gaming Investments – KMP-86660