About KPMG in Malta
KPMG in Malta is one of the leading providers of audit, tax and advisory services. Our vision is to be our clients’ clear choice, the employer of choice, and also to maintain the highest levels of trust by the community. Our work is client-centric, and we integrate innovative methodologies and deep expertise to deliver results. This translates into a high level of client satisfaction.
Our experience ranges from multinationals to promising start-ups, private to public sector undertakings, local to international clientele. Our values remain at the heart of all we do, shared by all our firms in 147 countries. KPMG is the largest professional services provider in Malta, with over 750 employees.
As a Data Engineer, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team. Our team covers a broad range of data capabilities including data visualisation, data management, data migration, data architecture, data integration and data modelling.
You will work across all our capabilities but will specialise and become an SME within data engineering.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about data, working with clients, has a thirst to learn and is excited to support us in growing our team.
The ideal candidate
Our Data team is growing at a fast pace and as this continues, we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore, we are seeking to recruit people with high energy who can cover a vast range of data work in the team.
- Building lasting client relationships with client stakeholders, actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs;
- Building constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels;
- Working with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data requirements;
- Supporting the growth of the practice through internal initiatives and support winning new business through developing bid responses;
- Inspiring change and make an impact within the team and in a client organisation;
- Coach and develop junior colleagues;
- Prior consultancy experience is desirable, but not essential.
From a technology point of view, we are looking for people who have experience in data ingestion and who possess the following data skills:
- Demonstrable xperience in optimising integration pipelines;
- SQL knowledge and database experience working on relational, dimensional and no-SQL techniques;
- Data Analysis experience such as data mapping between various source systems and target systems and defining the data transformation rules;
- Experience in data integration technologies and techniques like ETL, real-time data ingestion and API based integration;
- Experience in data modelling, including exposure to Kimball dimensional modelling;
- Experience in data storage, possibly including Hadoop based technologies;
- Good understanding of Cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and Google.
Since it will be a consulting role, you will be expected to
- Work with stakeholders to assess the scope, develop business cases for data change and deliver benefits by leveraging industry insights;
- Support in developing the strategy, scoping, planning, implementation and execution of a data solution where you are expected to operate with minimum supervision;
- Build constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels;
- Maintain an up-to-date view of industry trends and tools to enhance the delivery of data migration projects.
In-depth sector experience in either banking, capital markets or insurance with knowledge of key business drivers and key regulations in the industry (e.g. GDPR, BCBS 239, IFRS, AML, MiFID II, and Solvency II) would also be desirable.
A healthy team-focused environment which takes into consideration your personal strengths and competencies, and helps you synchronize them with our common goals. We do adopt a system which allows for personal growth, both from the personal and technical perspectives.
A supporting team of talented colleagues who are eager to support you in achieving your goals within KPMG. We offer a long-term development plan, so you can visualise your career expectancy in the coming years.
A competitive salary together with an adequate position within KPMG which is yearly reviewed and aligned.
KPMG – KMP-64116